(03) 8514 1000phone

Home Forums Training module relfection, ideas and feedback Your training module experience

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  LizDi 4 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Keymaster

We’re interested to find out any feedback or suggestions you may have after completing the online training module. Please post replies below and contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you!

karene
    Participant

I’m not sure about the prac manager spending an hour going through MBS on arrival with the student, feel this is a bit over the top. More important to have the Dr setting the student up on the computer to have a play with software package, so they feel comfortable in recording notes, ask questions etc.

Our supervising doctor spent time once a week “role playing” even our nurse became a patient. We found this helped the student to relax, ask questions and allowed our doctor to see what he or she needed to work on. Also l would call appropriate patients the day before their appt and ask if they could come early and present to student before seeing GP. We aimed for 2 or 3 a session.

LizDi
    Participant

I particularly like the idea of provisioning for exposure to nursing and admin staff – I will certainly be adopting this for our next round of students.
    The only suggestion I would make under section ‘instructions for student seeing patient separately’ include when reviewing patient history ‘ check Hgt/Wght/BMI/ BP, pulse & allergy status; if measure greater than 3 mths update and record new measures. include temp if pt there for vaccination.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

GP Student Placements ® 2013. All Rights Reserved.